What is the GDPR?
It stands for the General Data Protection Regulation and by the 28 May 2018, all organisations that use personal information will have to become compliant with the new regulation.
Many businesses are not even aware of the legislation, let alone know what’s expected of them.
The GDPR will bring big changes to Europe’s privacy laws. For example:
- Individuals have new rights, such as the right to be forgotten.
- Consent will be more difficult to obtain and can be withdrawn at any time.
- Companies will become responsible for the security of data, and must report breaches to the ICO.
- All privacy notices will need to contain specific disclosures.
- Transfers of data to outside of the EU will need to meet specific requirements.
- The GDPR will also apply to organisations outside the EU who collect and process personal data from within the EU.
For non-compliance the information commissioner will be able to issue substantial fines of up to 4% of annual worldwide turnover. So whether you are a (DPO), Data Protection Officer, a consultant or a company needing to become compliant, now is the time to put systems in place to protect your organisation.
Download a copy of the full GDPR-Act
Get GDPR Compliant Today
Without sounding like I am scaremongering, you really shouldn’t ignore this. No business is too small that they don’t need to be compliant. The ICO promises to use their new powers to enforce the regulation, so don’t leave yourself open to possible fines.
Don’t think for a second the Brexit will save the day, soon after the referendum the government confirmed that the UK would still sign-up to the GDPR.
It couldn’t be easier with GDPR365
GDPR365 is a cloud based service that helps you get your business GDPR compliant and also remain compliant. Using the easy online setup wizards you will be up and running in no time at all.
As an authorised UK partner I can offer the complete GDPR365 solution with additional services like consultancy, onboarding and training … Read more on GDPR365 here